Monday, May 20, 2013

Diary Free Soy Free Oven Baked Fajitas

Diary Free Soy Free Dinner Oven Baked Fajitas
I think fajitas are great and I was really excited when I saw this oven baked version.  Using the oven means a lot less time in the kitchen and lot less oil in my food.  They turned out beautifully and I’ll make them again for sure.  I didn’t add cheese or sour cream to mine (obviously) and they were still amazing, but it was easy for my husband to add them to his. 

This recipe has been adapted from Real Mom Kitchen – Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas

Ingredients

  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips – I find that if you are thawing frozen chicken, it’s much easier to cut into strips after defrosting it a couple of minutes but when the chicken is still mostly frozen.  Finish defrosting after it’s cut into strips.
  • 2 Tbsp canola oil
  • 2 tsp chili powder
  • ½ tsp garlic powder
  • ½ tsp dried oregano
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 medium onion, sliced
  • 1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced
  • 12 Tortilla Land tortillas

Instructions 
Diary Free Soy Free Dinner Oven Baked Fajitas

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  
  2. Slice chicken into strips and layer them on the bottom of an greased 13X9 baking dish. 
  3. Combine oil, chili powder, garlic powder, oregano and salt in a small dish.
  4. Spoon the mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
  5. Mix in the tomatoes, peppers and onions.
  6. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetable are soft.  
  7. Serve with tortillas.  
These are the only dairy and soy free tortillas I've found.  I got them at Costco and they are the kind that are premade but you have to cook for a few minutes in the frying pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment