Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Diary Free Soy Free Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies

Since my diet restriction I’ve been craving chocolate like mad, and all the premade stuff has dairy! I turned to my cupboard to see what I could create to ease my raging sweet tooth and ended up with my two favorite things coco (a lesser form of chocolate) and peanut butter, which I am happy to eat by the spoonful. I am a huge fan of quick and easy desserts, which makes no bake cookies perfect and these diary free soy free no bake cookies were fudgy and peanut buttery and perfect for an extra protein chocolate boost. As a bonus they took about five minute to make.

Diary Free Soy Free Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies


Ingredients:

  • 2 1/2 cups oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup coconut, rice or almond milk
  • 2/3 cup peanut butter (this is the special Jif Natural peanut butter that doesn’t have soy)
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 4 Tbs coco powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • A pinch of cinnamon

Directions:

  1. Heat milk, peanut butter, honey, coco powder, vanilla and cinnamon in a small pan over medium heat stirring frequently until all the ingredients are well blended 2-3 minutes.
  2. Remove pan from heat and stir in oatmeal until all the oats are well coated.
  3. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture on wax paper or a cookie sheet and let them sit for a few minutes to set up.
  4. Enjoy your cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment