Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Diary Free Soy Free Roast Beef Sandwiches

I’ve been working on finding some quick things for lunch and I haven’t had a lot of luck.  Sandwiches are always nice, but you have to have the bread to make them, and in my case I haven’t been able to find any store bought bread that works so I’ve had to make my own bread.  If you have bread or have made bread this is a savory warm meal that is great for lunch or dinner.  I had mine cheese-less and it was delicious, but I have to admit I envied my husbands that had gooey cheese melting off his sandwich and onto his plate. 

Servings: 4 Sandwiches

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 onion sliced
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 pounds leftover roast meat or 1 pound package roast beef lunch meat, shredded 
1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
  • Dash of salt – to taste
  • 8 slices of bread – See bread recipe
  • Optional: 4 slices havarti, white american, or swiss cheese (for the potential dairy eater – such as my husband.  One piece per sandwich)

Instructions:

  1. Add onions and 2 tablespoon oil to a frying pan, cook until onions are soft and light brown. 
  2. Add shredded meat in a single layer to the cooked onions in the frying pan.
  3. Add salt and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine. 
  4. Once meat is heated through add to bread and enjoy, or add cheese and give the cheese a few minutes to melt, then add to bread and enjoy.

Adapted from MMM… café - Leftover (GASP!) Roast Beef Sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment